Monmouth CLP Women's Forum
Hello Women’s Forum Members,
I hope that you are all enjoying our wonderful summer days.
We had a great meeting at Bridges on 16 June where we revisited the topic of barriers to women’s political involvement.
There are many up and coming events listed which I hope will provide opportunities for socialising, celebration and education and don’t forget about the Welsh Labour Future Candidates programme – details with personalised links for taster sessions around Wales are in an email from Welsh Labour sent out on June 20th, but in case you have missed it you can do the joining survey here: closing date 20th July.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the Autumn – date and agenda to be agreed.
Torfaen Women’s Forum
Date to be confirmed (autumn)
Torfaen Women’s Forum are organising a Women’s event for the Autumn. They asked for my input and are hoping all Women’s Forums across Greater Gwent would be interested in working together.
- An evening at Woodland Road Social Centre in Croesyceiliog
- Buffet supplied by a local business.
- Possibly a local choir.
- Speakers from a range of backgrounds - with a link up to Llantarnum Grange Art’s Centre who are exhibiting in suffrage in the same week.
Other upcoming events
- 10 August - Cardiff National Eisteddfod 2018: 'Women in Marble. Cardiff: who next?
- 27 August 2018 Peace Walk – Remembering the Greenham Common protest
- 6 October - 7th October 2018 WAW International Conference & Annual Conference
- August 24, 2018 - August 26, 2018 Cardiff Big Weekend
- August 25, 2018 Pride Parade 11:00 am - 12:30 pm – it’s free (donations welcome) but you need to register
Monmouth Constituency Labour Party