Branches and meetings
Branch and other meetings postponed until after the General Election
Because of the forthcoming General Election, all non-campaign-related meetings are currently postponed until after 9 June.
The Monmouth CLP Annual General Meeting (previously scheduled for 18 May) will now be held on Thursday 22 June, 7pm at The Courtroom, The Sessions House, Usk NP5 1AD.
The Branch Annual General Meetings previously scheduled for May will now be held on the following dates (at their usual meeting venue, unless specified):
- Bryn-y-Cwm: Tuesday 13 June, 7pm, Abergavenny Community Centre.
- Lower Wye: Thursday 15 June, 7.30pm.
- Monmouth: Thursday 15 June, 7pm.
- Usk: Monday 12 June, 7pm, the Inn Between, Usk.
- Torfaen (not AGM): Tuesday 12 June, 7pm.
The Monmouth CLP Women’s Forum Meeting (previously scheduled for 6 May) will now be held on Saturday 17 June, 10am – 12pm, at the Bridges Community Centre, Drybridge House, Monmouth, NP25 5AS.
Monmouth Constituency & Monmouthshire 2017
- Deals with constituency issues only
- Who can attend: all members of all branches, excluding Severnside Branch (not in the Monmouth Constituency)
- Chair: Hugo Perks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Adam Greenwood email@example.com
- Meets (referred to as GC meetings, or Monmouth CLP GC meetings): 3rd Thursday of Jan, March, May (AGM), July, Sept, Nov.
The Sessions House Usk, 7pm.
- Deals with Monmouthshire local government issues only
- Who can attend: all members of all branches, excluding Torfaen Branch (not in Monmouthshire)
- Chair: Peter Marsh-Jenks / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0792 822 9800.
Meets: 4th Thursday of Jan, March, May (AGM), July, Sept, Nov.
The Crawley Hall, Raglan, NP15 2JG, 7pm.
- Members living in these wards may attend: Cantref, Castle, Croesonen, Crucorney, Grofield, Goytre Fawr, Lansdown, Llanelly Hill, Llanfoist Fawr, Llanover, Llanwenarth Ultra, Mardy, Priory
- Chair: Adrian Pantlin email@example.com
- Secretary: Penny Simcock / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01873 857033
- Meets: 2nd Tuesday Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Nov.
Llanfoist Village Hall, 7pm
- Members living in these wards may attend: Caerwent, Devauden, Larkfield, Portskewett, Shirenewton, St Arvans, St Christopher’s, St Kingsmark, St Mary’s, Thornwell
- Secretary: John Rennie / email@example.com / 07968 243955
- Meets: 2nd Thursday of each month
Chepstow Methodist Church, Albion Square, Chepstow NP16 5DA, 7.30pm
- Members living in these wards may attend: Dixton With Osbaston, Drybridge, Llantillio Crossenny, Mitchel Troy, Overmonnow, Trellech United, Wyesham
- Chair: Hugo Perks / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: John Saunders / email@example.com / 07827 828139 / 07765 049944 / 01600 228938
- Meets: 2nd Thursday of each month
B ack room of the Queen's Head Pub Monmouth (1 St James' St, Monmouth, Gwent NP25 3DL). Meetings start at 7pm and usually last until about 9pm (but duration sometimes varies).
- Members living in these wards may attend: Llanbadoc, Llangybi Fawr, Raglan, Usk
- Joint Secretaries (2016): Steve and Virginia Hoselitz / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / 01291 671444
- Contact Branch Secretaries for details of new meeting schedule
- Members living in these wards may attend: Croesceiliog North, Croesceiliog South, Llanyrafon North, Llanyrafon South (these members may also attend Monmouth CLP meetings but not Monmouthshire LCF, as they are not in Monmouthshire)
- Secretary: Richard Clark / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01633 480083 / 07894685947
- Meets: 2nd Tuesday of each month
Woodland Rd Community Hall, Croesycilliog, 7pm
- Members living in these wards may attend: Caldicot Castle, Dewstow, Green Lane, Mill, Portskewett, Rogiet, Severn, The Elms, West End (these members may also attend Monmouthshire LCF meetings but not Monmouth CLP, as they are in the Newport East Constituency)
- Secretary: Henry Higgins / email@example.com / 07842 216126
- Meets: 1st Tue, 6:30pm (not Jan & Aug)
Sept-Dec Magor Baptist Church
Feb-Jul Castle Park School Caldicot